The Call of Isaiah
Scripture: Isaiah 6:1–6:13
1. Worship: A true, saving encounter with God
- God’s holiness (Isaiah 6:1-4)
- Our unworthiness (Isaiah 6:5)
- His cleansing touch (Isaiah 6:6-7)
2. Work: Wholehearted willingness to do whatever God wills
- Willingness flows from God’s cleansing touch. (Isaiah 6:8)
- Willingness comes before the job description.
- Willingness does not depend on the results. (Isaiah 6:9-10)
- Willingness persists until Christ comes again. (Isaiah 6:11-13)
Application: Our calling as a church to worship and work:
- A saving encounter with God and wholehearted willingness are basic.
- Leaders equip the saints for ministry. How?
Illustration: essentials for and the fruit of planting a garden.
- The mission of grace.
- The means of grace:
prayer, the ministry of the Word, and the sacraments.
- The fellowship of the body of Christ.
- The various ministries of service which grow from this soil.
4. Our ministry strategy at Sycamore Presbyterian Church:
- The who, what, when, where, and how we do the above.
The questions are: “Have you…? And are you…?” “Do you…?”