last updated Jan 25, 2020
Our senior pastor, Harry Long, will be retiring in the summer of 2020 after serving his flock faithfully and lovingly for many, many years. We are so grateful to him and his entire family for being faithful and obedient to God’s calling to serve this congregation. We have been blessed in so many ways. As a consequence of Harry’s decision to retire, we are now in the process of looking for a new senior pastor. A pastor search committee was formed in April 2019 that has been meeting regularly for prayer, for time in the Word and for addressing the tasks needed to accomplish the search of a new senior pastor. In this space we would like to share with you our Mission and Vision statements, some of the Scriptures we have read and discussed together as a committee, some of our prayer requests, and finally a high-level summary of our tasks and progress against these tasks. It is our hope and prayer that God be glorified through this process!
Congregational Nomination Form
We invite Sycamore members to submit names of individuals they would like considered as possible candidates.
After reviewing the Church Profile and the Pastor profile below, we invite you to apply for the position of Senior Pastor.
What have we done so far?
To seek and call a new senior pastor to Sycamore Presbyterian Church.
That through our prayers and the work and power of the Holy Spirit, the CONGREGATION would experience great spiritual growth through the process and outcome of our pastor search and that a deep sense of awe would come upon every soul involved in this process (Acts 2:43a).
That through our prayers and actions for and with each other and the Church at-large, the COMMITTEE members would be ‘contagious’ Christians of the committee’s guiding pillars of unity, humility, servanthood and patience in order to better serve and love the Church, Christ’s bride.
And that God grant us, the COMMITTEE members, the discernment, through our pursuit of wisdom and knowledge, to know and call God’s man of choice as our new Senior Pastor.
Scripture and Discussion
A few thoughts from our weekly devotional time.
PSC Prayer Requests
In March, our prayer requests will be centered on the community. Please pray:
- That he clearly feel the call of God to come to Sycamore and that God fill him with great desire and anticipation for this next chapter in his life and the life of his family.
- That God give him wisdom and grace as he begins this new position.
- That God allow for a smooth transition with a quick and easy relocation and adjustment period for him and his family to Midlothian.
- That God allow his new ministry here to be filled with a welcoming and loving spirit to allow him to joyously minister to his new flock and proclaim God’s word.
- That God fill his family with excitement and peace as they prepare for this new adventure at Sycamore.