Job Title: Administrative Ministry Assistant
Department: Administrative Staff
Reports to: Administrative Team Lead
Classification: Part-time, non-exempt (15 hours/week)
Compensation: Hourly position commensurate with education and experience.
The Administrative Ministry Assistant’s primary responsibility will be to support the Children’s Ministry Director to help create and maintain a robust children’s ministry. The Administrative Ministry Assistant will also provide administrative support for other ministries of Sycamore Presbyterian Church. The Administrative Ministry Assistant endorses the ministry philosophy of Sycamore and serves as a winsome representative to our congregation and community.
- Work with Children’s Ministry Director to organize events and volunteers, creating an environment where Sycamore children are excited to learn about Jesus and grow in their faith.
- Assist the CM Dir. with the planning and execution of major ministry endeavors.
- Help create content and produce the Children’s Bulletin weekly.
- Assist in recruiting volunteers for the children’s ministries and various other ministries.
- Maintain accurate records for various ministries.
- Provide administrative support to various ministries as needed.
- Maintain a presence in the church office and answer phones during church office hours.
- Assist in ensuring the front office is a safe, attractive, efficient, and productive environment for all who work in and traffic through the space.
- Provide administrative support and records management for Session, pastors, front office, staff, special events, and ministries as needed.
- Assist in managing the workroom, supply closets, and kitchen maintaining adequate supply levels, organization, and basic cleanliness.
Skills and Attributes
- A strong profession of Christian faith and in support of Sycamore’s vision and mission.
- A winsome personality that can be conveyed by phone and email, with a dedication to serving all constituents beyond their expectations.
- Excellent planning, organization, and time management skills
- Self-motivated and able to function independently with minimal supervision while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating work efforts with other staff and ministries.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment with an upbeat, flexible, and positive attitude
- Ability to prioritize, multitask, and manage various day-to-day administrative activities as well as work on large-scale projects.
- Ability to organize various kinds of events, including the people, planning, and logistics.
- Computer and web-savvy, with proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Publisher, PowerPoint, etc.
- Excellent interpersonal and conflict resolution skills, with the ability to make quick decisions
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
To apply, please email a cover letter and resume to Sandra Learned, Administrative Team Lead, at [email protected] with “Administrative Ministry Assistant” as the subject of the email.